FISH:A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES

Les différentes carrières solo des membres ou ex membres de Marillion
Répondre
Mr a
Membre Sénior

FISH:A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES

Message par Mr a » 03 octobre 2012, 18:44

en prévision des nombreuses discussions qui ne manqueront pas j'en suis sûr,j'ouvre ce topic...
l'album est pour le premier semestre 2013 et quelques titres sont en boîte: :D
"all loved up","crucifix corner" semblent être des titres retenus... :D
ça avance donc doucement ;)
8-)
Modifié en dernier par Mr a le 23 décembre 2012, 19:09, modifié 2 fois.
"Make it count"

Mr a
Membre Sénior

Re: FISH:FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES

Message par Mr a » 03 octobre 2012, 18:46

Feast of Consequences, the Spring Offensive

by Fish on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Big rocks moving this week and can see a chink of blue from within the cave I have been in for too long and which has not been a healthy space as I was really feeling the pressure.

To be honest I took on far too much and was finding it too hard to break down the mountains as more boulders seemed to pile up as soon as I shifted one out the way.

I made some tough decisions.

I talked openly with Calum Malcolm yesterday about the album schedule. It had been worrying me and close friends had noticed just how stressed out I was becoming as I sought advice and opinions on the situation.

We have decided to put the album recording back to February for a release in mid May on the front edge of the UK tour.

Although I have 12 songs in various stages the majority are nowhere near completion with 4 titles only seeds of ideas and yet to sprout into a recognisable shape.
The original game plan was to start recording mid November and even a shift to the end of that month was courting disaster.
I cannot come out with a half baked album and after 5 years I figured another 4 months would not be the end of the world.

Steve and I got off to a great start with 7 songs in good order but requiring other inputs and ideas.
Availabilities, powercuts,festivals,other unavoidable miscellaneous distractions and old fashioned "block" derailed the momentum and despite taking unwanted but necessary breaks we started to grind down in front of the oncoming convention and it's 3 weeks of rehearsals.
Foss and I had managed to put together one song between us and move on some other ideas as well as fill in some gaps on Steve's tracks.
Frank had come in and added some more ideas in the couple of broken weeks he could come in but at this stage in the game we only really have 4 songs that are playable in rough form for the convention in just over 3 weeks.
I had to face the facts and decided to reorganise after the convention and allow myself another 3 months to commit to finishing the writing before I entered the studio proper.
Calum is in total agreement with this rescheduling and he will be at the helm in February.
I know some of you will be disappointed but this is an important album for me and it has to be as near perfect as I can possibly make it.
The main European touring had already shifted due to venue availabilities to September with 2 weeks of UK touring in May and potential festivals in the Summer the only live work planned so far.
An album release to mid May will not drastically effect any of those touring plans and may end up being more beneficial in the long run.
I have discussed all the changes with Mark Wilkinson and we have more than enough time to develop the artwork and packaging (examples of which will be able to be seen at the Convention) and prepare it well before the recordings are actually completed.
Yatta is also happy with the release schedules re his booking of the live events.
Next week the full band takes on the 4 tracks we do have in relatively good shape so we can at least have something to play at Leamington.
I have to admit to being able to take a bit of a sigh of relief after yesterday's decision and now can see the wood, the trees and a blue sky of sorts.
I'll post more later, I have a DVD insert to write out now!

et c'est Fish qui le dit :D :D :D
8-)
"Make it count"

Mr a
Membre Sénior

Re: FISH:A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES

Message par Mr a » 04 octobre 2012, 18:12

bah alors,aucun commentaire concernant ces news :?: :mellow:
8-)
"Make it count"

ASG
Membre Sénior

Message par ASG » 04 octobre 2012, 18:18

bé attends, faut qu'on traduise !!! :lol:

Mr a
Membre Sénior

Message par Mr a » 04 octobre 2012, 18:26

ASG a écrit :bé attends, faut qu'on traduise !!! :lol:
:lol: :lol:
8-)
"Make it count"

chtimarillion
Membre Sénior

Message par chtimarillion » 04 octobre 2012, 19:30

je respecte beaucoup fish et ce qu'il a fait avec marillion,mais je dois dire que je suis de trés loin ses albums solo
j'en ai quelques uns mais à vrai dire je les ecoute assez peu :blush:

Mr a
Membre Sénior

Message par Mr a » 16 octobre 2012, 11:37

---

8-)

---

8-)

---

8-)
"Make it count"

kika soif
Membre Sénior

Message par kika soif » 16 octobre 2012, 20:04

Mr a
Membre Sénior

Message par Mr a » 24 janvier 2013, 09:15

dans la dernière(très longue)newsletter de Fish,on peut lire ceci:

(...)but I do know that I will be preparing a limited edition containing the album, extra tracks and demos, live recordings, a DVD of the "making of" and a 100 page hardback booklet all in specially designe d casing with artwork by Mark Wilkinson as the premier release with other cheaper versions also available as well as the aforementioned down loadable version. (...)

et ça:
(...)There will also be CD's from the Haddington St Mary's sessions and an "official bootleg" from the European tour - again down loadable (...)

et enfin:
(...)will instead be concentrating on the Sunday night performance as a single DVD release that will be available on mail order through the web site and on the merch stalls on the UK tour.(...)
8-)
"Make it count"

jack alone
Membre Sénior

Message par jack alone » 24 janvier 2013, 17:14

j'éi réecouté vgil, le live de 2006 pour les 20 ans de misplaced et me suis un peu plongé sur tout ce qui le concerne.
Ce qui me frappe, c'est que le type semble gérer tout tout seul. Alors que les marillion sont entourés, ont une équipe dynamique, des concerts toujours top; on sent fish plus isolé.

Moins en voix c'est certain, et je lui tire mon chapeau car il galère plus que marillion.
j'espère me procurer son dernier cd très vite à la sortie; car ses disques sont parfois difficiles à trouver sauf en occasion.

Répondre